You may be given a MEDICINES LIST to help you keep track of medicines prescribed for you.
To get the most from your Medicines List:
Keep it up to date by crossing out any medicine you are no longer using and adding new medicines as you start using them.
Take it with you each time you visit the doctor, pharmacist or health professional, or if you go to hospital.
Keep it with you at all times in case of emergency.
There are important questions you can ask your doctor, pharmacist or health professional like:
• Why do I need to take this medicine?
• How should my medicine work?
• When will my medicine start to work?
• How should I take my medicine? With water or food?
• When should I take my medication and for how long?
• Do I need to avoid any other medicines, food or drinks when taking this medicine?
• What should I do if I miss a dose?
• Do I need regular check-ups or tests while taking this medicine?
• What are the side effects of taking this medicine?
• What should I do if a side effect occurs?
• How should I store my medicine?
We recommend patients obtain all necessary scripts whilst at their appointment.